Fight for Fairness
Whether you download a ringtone, applications, songs or stream movies, you are a part of the new economy. Become a part of the Download Fairness Coalition and help create a framework for the new economy. Join the fight for fairness. Get involved today. Stop being taxed multiple times.
Bipartisan legislation establishing a national framework for digital goods and services taxation introduced in House and SenateDownload Fairness Coalition applauds sponsors of the bill for their efforts. Read more.
Multiple states can tax a single digital purchase over and over again
You could be taxed on a digital purchase by your home state, the state you were in when made the purchase, and from the state the company you are purchasing from.read more
Outdated policies don’t fit with the new economy
In today’s digital world and evolving world of emerging technologies, our tax system must reflect the new economy and new realities for consumers.read more
Our laws need to be modernizedAllowing multiple states and jurisdictions to tax a single item you purchase only because it is purchased electronically is simply unfair. read more
- WSJ highlights need to move forward on Digital Goods
- WSJ: States Eye Taxes on Streaming Video
- DFC Participates on Panel Regarding Digital Goods and Services Tax Fairness Act of 2015
- Download Fairness Coalition Praises House Judiciary Committee for Reporting H.R. 1643, the Digital Goods & Services Tax Fairness Act, to the Full House for Consideration
- Download Fairness Coalition Praises House Judiciary Subcommittee for Holding Hearing on H.R. 1643, the Digital Goods & Services Tax Fairness Act
SEARCH BY STATE
In today’s digital world and evolving world of emerging technologies, our tax system must reflect the new economy and the new realities for consumers. read more